Thursday, 2 May 2013

Kalighat Market Soundscape

The other day I went to Kalighat to do some field recording with my Edirol R09HR. It was a Sunday morning and I walked from Apurba Mitra Road to the temple and then through Nakuleshwartala to Kalighat Road and then back down the Kali Temple Road.
This is where I grew up and spent the first 35 years of my life and the area takes up a part of my heart. As a child I used to go to this market with my father. The sounds now are of course totally different. I was recording the sound on the Kalighat Road where the friendly neighbourhood red light district is located and suddenly this band party arrived on the scene adding colour to the soundscape. Surprisingly the car and scooter horns don't sound so loud here.
You can listen to the soundscape here. I shall upload a photograph of the place later.


No comments:

Post a Comment